Saturday, January 03, 2009

Reflection


2009...wow...aren't we supposed to be zooming around like the Jetson's by now? It's amazing how quickly life changes and the once important things don't seem so important anymore! As I have reflected over the past year--most of my thoughts were of my daughter and her unbelievable growth. She learned to walk, talk, swim, and count to five in English and Spanish (among so many other things)...she's an amazing little girl--full of goodness with enough stubbornness to make her a Kelly girl! I think back to being eight months pregnant, about to start a new job, and moving into an apt by myself...I remember how scared and lonely I was. As I enter 2009, my career is amazing, I have great friends, and I am unbelievably happy.

I think one of my greatest challenges as a single mom is balancing what I need and want with what's best for LG. For example, I REALLY want a clean house, but I have someone undoing what I've just done...it's exhausting! I have to learn to let it go...I can only do so much--it will be there tomorrow...the most important thing is being present with her! That being said, I have to find a balance between being a single woman and a single mother. I have become such a homebody and spent so much time with LG, it's hard for me to enjoy being out. Dates are like job interviews, being a bar isn't where I want to be, and my other friends are either completely single (wanting to be at the bar) or married (and wanting to be in the bed at 10pm). Hmm...staying at home sounds so good...

I realize my relationship with my Maker ebbs and flows...just like any other relationship--the more time you invest, the more reward you reap. I forget...I talk to Him, but I don't take the time to listen. That has always been my problem...listening...I'm either working, washing the clothes, scrubbing the bathroom, cooking dinner, playing, reading, blogging...and I'm constantly talking...I want to learn to listen this year, allowing Him to be my heart beat. I realize I am His servant--here to love, support, and protect this amazing being He has bestowed upon me. She is His...as am I.

No comments: